Complaints Policy – Richard Bull Upholstery
At Richard Bull Upholstery, if you have a complaint then we encourage you to tell us. It will be processed with great attentiveness and taken very seriously. This is because we believe in the power of honest feedback to prompt a proper response.
Our aim is to provide the sort of service that does not require a complaints procedure. However we are pragmatic and understand that to get there, we need to truly value constructive criticism and show that we are able to learn from it. Your complaint will, in all cases, be handled sensitively and professionally.
1. We have a member of administration team on hand to personally deal with every issue.
2. Every complaint is logged by the team member in a database. On entry, it is assigned a unique reference number and stored for a minimum of two years.
3. We have a 48 hour maximum resolution time for verbal complaints.
4. If the case requires more time, we send an ‘initial response’ within three working days and then proceed with further investigation.
5. If a complained is lodged at the workshop or by phone then we endeavour to refer the customer to the team member immediately. Should this not be practical or possible, arrangements will then be made with the customer for a mutually convenient meeting time. After this, the complaint details will be taken and passed to the team member. If a suitable meeting time cannot be arranged or if the customer wants an immediate resolution then the details will be passed to the most suitable member of staff to handle the complaint.
6. The team member directly receives email or letter based complaints.
7. Complaints regarding technical aspects of our work will be passed to the proprietor unless the complaint specifically instructs otherwise.
8. Once a written or email complaint is received then a letter or acknowledgement is sent within 3 working days, accompanied by a copy of these complaint guidelines.
9. From here we internally investigate the complaint within 10 working days of receipt in order to properly outline the conditions that prompted the complaint. The customer can then choose to meet us in person or discuss the matter over the phone. If the 10 working days allocated for investigation elapses, we will notify the customer and specify a new time frame for concluding the investigation.
10. In the event of a defect of materials bought in for your order, we will take up the complaint with whichever manufacturer may be involved and will adhere to the covenants of their complaints policy. For details of the policies of a particular manufacturer, please request information at the earliest possible stage.
11. Upon successful completion of an investigation, the judgement made shall be officially confirmed in writing to the person who lodged the complaint.
12. Detailed records of any and all complaints are retained.
To lodge your complaint online, please go to our Contacts Page
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact 0333 241 3209 or via their website www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/
Copyright 2018 - Richard Bull t/a Richard Bull Upholstery